Just before two a.m, Pittsburgh Police from Zone 3, Pittsburgh Fire and EMS were dispatched for a single vehicle crash into a structure in the 4100 block of East Carson.
When they arrived on scene the vehicle was almost fully engulfed in flames, which PBF Engine 24 extinguished. The building and Duquesne Light poles had also sustained damage.
The male driver of the vehicle was located with a serious injury to his wrist and transported in stable condition to the hospital by medics.
There was an initial concern that there were other people inside the vehicle at the time of the crash, but Pittsburgh Bureau of Fire and family members of the victim were able to confirm the driver had been the sole occupant of the vehicle.
The vehicle was towed from the scene and the cause of the crash will be investigated.
Source: Public Safety Blotter
- Armstrong County man breaks state record for the largest elk taken during archery season
- Attorney: Suspect in deaths of Idaho students willing to waive extradition hearing
- 29th ‘First Night’ New Year’s Eve celebration held in Downtown Pittsburgh
- VIDEO: Lawsuit alleges Allegheny County childcare center ignored former employee’s abuse of children
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts