Pittsburgh’s Three Rivers will be visited by none other than Aquaman himself, actor Jason Momoa, when the Netflix feature thriller, “Sweet Girl” begins shooting this fall.
Momoa, best known for his roles as DC Comics’ underwater hero and as Khal Drogo on “Game of Thrones,” will star as a man out for revenge after his wife is killed. He also is sworn to protect his daughter.
Netflix has built a presence here. The streaming giant created a large set for the 2020 series “I Am Not Okay With This” this past summer in Warrendale, and shot two seasons of its “Mindhunter” drama series around Pittsburgh.
Brian Andrew Mendoza, who makes his directorial debut with “Sweet Girl,” was cinematographer for the 2018 feature film “Braven” and executive produced “Frontier,” a Discovery Canada series for Netflix. Momoa starred in both.
PITTSBURGH – Extras Casting is looking for people to be in a new Netflix series being filmed in Pittsburgh this summer.
The series, called “I Am Not Okay With This,” is about a teenage girl navigating her way through high school life while dealing with her family, sexuality and mysterious new superpowers.
Casting directors are looking for extras who can portray high school and college age students for multiple days of filming. Extras will also be portraying football teams, fans, basketball players, prom attendees and more.
Filming will take place from early June through August.
For more information, visit www.movieextraspittsburgh.com.
- Texts between driver, owner of car in deadly hit-and-run help lead to arrest
- New Hampshire school cafeteria worker fired for giving food to student who couldn’t pay
- Missing pregnant woman found slain with baby cut from womb, Chicago police say
- VIDEO: Window washers trapped in dangling lift rescued by Oklahoma City firefighters
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts