Latrobe house damaged in early-morning fire – Latrobe Bulletin

Two Catherine Street residents were treated for smoke inhalation early Saturday morning, Oct. 28, after a fire broke out in a bedroom.

According to John Brasile, chief of the Latrobe Volunteer Fire Department, emergency responders were dispatched at 5:01 a.m. Saturday for a report of a house fire at 1632 Catherine St., Latrobe.

Brasile was the first firefighter to arrive at the scene, followed by Engine No. 2.

“We had smoke coming out of the window, and as I started my normal walk around, I could see fire in the front bedroom and the window was already popped,” Brasile said, noting the two male residents had already safely exited the building. “So I reported the working fire, then grabbed the booster line off of the engine, grabbed a hand line and probably didn’t even use five to seven gallons of water and knocked it down (from the outside). That was it, then it was all ventilation. A lot of smoke, heat and soot, though.”

Source: Latrobe house damaged in early-morning fire

%d bloggers like this: