JEFFERSON HILLS, Pa. — A busy road in Jefferson Hills is closed indefinitely after a boulder fell into the roadway on Tuesday.
Jefferson Hills Borough police said State Route 837 is closed between the Elizabeth bridge and St. Clair Avenue.
Police said PennDOT will need to inspect the roadway and the potentially unstable hillside before the road can reopen.
- Americans kidnapped in Mexico: 2 found dead, 2 alive, reports say
- At least one injured in explosion in New Castle
- Allegheny County Police no longer patrolling Pittsburgh, official says
- VIDEO: Pittsburgh police searching for suspects responsible for vandalizing Shepherd’s Wellness Center
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Source: Massive boulder falls onto roadway in Jefferson Hills, road closed indefinitely