The women, who allegedly had a toddler with them, were taken into custody after police said they took 73 bottles of perfume from Nordstrom at Ross Park Mall.
Stephanie Hopkins, of Pittsburgh, and De Siree Riley, of McKees Rocks, were taken into custody after allegedly taking 76 bottles of perfume from Nordstrom at Ross Park Mall.
Ross Township police were called around 7:30 p.m. Thursday for a report of a retail theft. An officer was given a description of the women, who reportedly had a toddler with them, and of the car Hopkins was allegedly driving.According to the complaint, the officer attempted to conduct a traffic stop but Hopkins fled.
Hopkins is charged with two counts of retail theft, endangering the welfare of children, possessing an instrument of crime, fleeing or attempting to elude an officer, driving with a suspended license, failure to stop at a red light and reckless driving.
Riley is charged with two counts of retail theft and possessing an instrument of crime.
They are awaiting arraignment.
Source: Women arrested for allegedly stealing perfume worth over $22,900 from Pittsburgh-area mall
- Family of man killed in incident at Walmart in Beaver County speaks out, demands answers
- 6 people hospitalized after crash on Route 30 in North Huntingdon
- Sources: 2 officers assigned to Brighton Heights funeral before shooting suspended
- VIDEO: Channel 11 Exclusive: 8-year-old boy testifies in court after allegedly being lured into home
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts