Pittsburgh’s trick-or-treat hours will be 5 to 7 p.m. on Oct. 31.
For a safe trick-or-treating experience, follow these tips:
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers and, if possible, choose light colors.
- Choose face paint and makeup instead of masks if possible to reduce the risk obstructing a child’s vision.
- Have kids carry flashlights to help them see and be seen by drivers.
- Make sure costumes are the correct size to prevent trips and falls.
- If you are escorting children, please keep an eye on the road for vehicles.
- Don’t walk on the street. Stay on sidewalks and cross streets when safe at intersections and crosswalks.