WOLF CREEK TWP., Pa. — Two Los Angeles, California residents are facing serious drug charges in Mercer County after more than 60 pounds of cocaine and fentanyl were found in their vehicle during a traffic stop.
The incident occurred on Interstate 80 in Wolf Creek Township on Wednesday, according to the Pennsylvania State Police.
Police said the vehicle was pulled over for traffic violations, and during the investigation 29 kilograms, or 63.8 pounds, of cocaine and fentanyl were found in hidden compartments within the vehicle.
Alvaro Elenes, 44, and Gabriel Garcia, 26, both of Los Angeles, California, were arrested and are being held in the Mercer County Jail on $500,000 bail each. They were both charged with felony drug charges.
The both are scheduled for preliminary hearings on June 16.
- Students, guests escorted to cars, promenade shut down at New Castle High School
- Local police officer and his wife are confined to a Cancun resort after testing positive for Covid
- Man caught on video beating dog surrenders animal to police, charges to be based on dog’s condition
- VIDEO: PA experiences one of the mildest flu seasons on record
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts