Couric’s comments have reportedly worried the producers of Jeopardy!, where she’s preparing for a week-long guest hosting gig, making her the first woman to lead the game show.
- Couric recently appeared on Real Time with Bill Maher, where she discussed extremist beliefs in Congress, following the riot on the Capitol
- The 64-year-old said: ‘And the question is how are we going to really almost deprogram these people who have signed up for the cult of Trump’
- She’s now facing backlash from the mostly ‘conservative’ audience of Jeopardy!, ahead of her guest hosting gig
- The average age of the show’s audience is 64.2 years old, and it’s made an effort to avoid politics
- A source told Page Six that the game show’s producers are worried, adding: ‘At the very least, she already appears to have ruled herself out of becoming the permanent host of the show’
- It comes after the death of beloved host Alex Trebek back in November
Source: Katie Couric faces backlash from Jeopardy’s ‘conservative’ audience over ‘cult of Trump’ comments | Daily Mail Online