- Russia reported a record number of new coronavirus cases for the fourth consecutive day Sunday, as the virus rapidly spreads in the country, which is fast becoming one of the global epicenters of COVID-19.
- There were 10,633 new cases of COVID-19 confirmed on Sunday, Russian President Vladimir Putin said, some 1,000 more than were reported on Saturday, according to Worldometers data.
- A total of 134,687 people have now contracted the coronavirus in Russia, making it the seventh most-infected country on the planet.
- While in the early stages of the virus Russia was relatively unscathed, the number of cases is now increasing rapidly.
- “The peak is not behind us, we are about to face a new and grueling phase of the pandemic,” President Vladimir Putin warned, according to CNN.
Source: Coronavirus: Russia reports record new number of cases, 10,000 more – Business Insider