First, the president and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., placed a record number of conservative, constitutionally minded judges on the federal bench.
Second, President Trump moved power out of Washington and liberated businesses to accelerate economic growth through his historic deregulation effort.
Third, the president succeeded in working with congressional Republicans to pass a massive tax cut that has created jobs and grown the economy much faster than any of the elites thought possible.
Fourth, the president began to rebuild the American military after the Obama administration spent eight years deliberately undermining it.
- The Trump administration’s first deadline for companies to wind down some transactions with Iran begins Monday.
- The sanctions hit Iran’s ability to access dollars, engage in some financial activity and attract investment into its auto and aviation industry.
- The penalties pale in comparison to energy sanctions due later this year but send a message that Washington is not backing down.
The Trump administration on Thursday announced plans to freeze fuel-efficiency requirements for the nation’s cars and trucks through 2026 — a massive regulatory rollback likely to spur a legal battle with California and other states, as well as create potentialupheaval in the nation’s automotive market.
The proposal represents an abrupt reversal of the findings that the government reached under President Barack Obama, when regulators argued that requiring more-fuel-efficient vehicles would improve public health, combat climate change and save consumers money without compromising safety.z
Federal investigators who raided the home and office of President Donald Trump’s longtime personal attorney Michael Cohen took more than 100 recordings of discussions related to Trump, according to The Washington Post.
Some were surreptitiously recorded on an iPhone, and a number of them involved conversations between Cohen and reporters during and after Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, two sources familiar with the recordings told the Post in a story published Wednesday evening.
- A group of House Republicans has introduced articles of impeachment against Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein
- President Trump’s former lawyer Michael Cohen secretly recorded a conversation with CNN’s Chris Cuomo and admitted to deciding, on his own, to pay porn star Stormy Daniels, according to one report
- Secretary of State Mike Pompeo battled both Democratic and Republican lawmakers on Russia and NATO in a tense hearing Wednesday, insisting President Trump has been tougher on the Kremlin than previous administrations
- President Trump announced a ‘new phase’ in the relationship between the United States and European Union as both sides agreed to a cease-fire in a growing trade war
- The Trump administration faces a deadline Thursday to reunite migrant children with their families