Another 30 people have been reported ill in an outbreak of salmonella linked to Honey Smacks cereal, and some stores are still selling the recalled product, federal health officials said Tuesday.
No one should be buying or selling any form of Honey Smacks, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said.“Since the last update on July 12, 2018, 30 more illnesses have been reported, bringing the total to 130 cases from 36 states,” the CDC said in a statement.
It said 34 were sick enough to be hospitalized, although no one has died. Three more states have been added to the list of places where people have become ill: Delaware, Maine and Minnesota.
A recent Salmonella outbreak connected to raw turkey products has infected 90 people across 26 states, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Thursday.
Forty people have been hospitalized, the CDC said.
A popular Kellogg’s cereal has been linked with a salmonella outbreak that has infected 100 people
An outbreak of cyclosporiasis has sickened 212 people in four states since May, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Thursday.
DO NOT eat the recalled Kellogg’s Honey Smacks cereal—so far 5 PA’ians have been affected. If you have already eaten some of the cereal, throw the rest of it away or return it for a refund. Contact a health care provider if you think you got sick from consuming recalled cereal.
RECALL: Do not eat recalled Kellogg’s Honey Smacks cereal. This cereal has been linked to an outbreak of 73 Salmonella infections from 31 states. https://go.usa.gov/xQtxX
- Parents of 6-month-old girl found dead, hidden in cat litter charged with murder
- 5-month-old girl mauled to death by family German shepherd
- Aliquippa Police Department removes itself from DelTondo murder investigation
- VIDEO: Hyundai, Kia vehicles spontaneously catching fire
Hotel pools and hot tubs are breeding grounds for waterborne diseases. A study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention find a third of all recreational waterborne disease outbreaks occurred in hotel pools or hot tubs and water play venues.
The bacteria Elizabethkingia anopheles has claimed 17 lives over the last five months in 12 Wisconsin counties, and caused 54 people to become seriously ill. As yet, no one has been able to trace the source of the infection.
Elizabethkingia anopheles is named for a famous researcher who worked with the CDC in the mid-1900s. Found in the guts of mosquitoes, it is not a dangerous bacteria for anyone with a healthy immune system, but can cause life-threatening infections in young babies, the elderly, and those with compromised immune systems.
Most states don’t get more than five to 10 cases a year, so this represents a huge spike in infection rates. And the bacteria involved have, according to CDC official Michael Bell, the same “fingerprint,” despite the fact that cases of infection span 12 different counties.