Seoul, South Korea (CNN)North Korea fired at least three unidentified projectiles Monday, according to US and South Korean officials.“Our military detected 3 unidentified projectiles fired this morning from the Sondok area in Hamgyong Province, North Korea, toward northeast, toward the East Sea,” the South Korea Defense Ministry said in a text to reporters.“Currently, our military is monitoring related movement in case of additional launch and is maintaining preparedness.”The East Sea is also known as the Sea of Japan.A US official told CNN that North Korea fired four unidentified projectiles.Two other US officials said the launch was not unexpected. One of the officials said “signs” had been observed but didn’t say what they were.“We are aware of a North Korean missile launch this morning into the East Sea, will continue to monitor the situation and are consulting closely with our South Korean and Japanese allies,” United States Forces Korea said in a statement.Two other US officials said the launch was not unexpected. One of the officials said “signs” had been observed but didn’t say what they were.“We are aware of a North Korean missile launch this morning into the East Sea, will continue to monitor the situation and are consulting closely with our South Korean and Japanese allies,” United States Forces Korea said in a statement.
North Korea fired two short-range missiles into the sea off its eastern coast, U.S. officials told Fox News late Wednesday, in the latest apparent provocation from Kim Jong Un’s regime.The missiles flew about 267 miles from an area near the eastern city of Wonsan, South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff said, adding that said the South Korean and U.S. militaries were analyzing details of the launches.It came just as National Security Adviser John Bolton was wrapping up a visit to Seoul. Bolton, a harsh critic of North Korea, was meeting with South Korean officials to help settle a trade dispute between Seoul and Japan
The Philippines’ foreign secretary said Canada missed a May 15 deadline to retrieve rubbish shipped out in 2014.
Last month, Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte said he would “sail to Canada and dump their garbage there”.
Reports say the waste amounts to many dozens of containers filled with common household rubbish like soiled nappies.
“At midnight last night, letters for the recall of our ambassador and consuls to Canada went out,” Philippine Secretary of Foreign Affairs Teddy Locsin Jr said in a tweet.
“Canada missed the… deadline. And we shall maintain a diminished diplomatic presence in Canada until its garbage is ship bound there.”
Mr Locsin said what triggered him to pull out the envoys was Canada’s failure to show up at a meeting with Philippine customs officials.
Victor Vescovo took the journey to what is believed to be the deepest point mankind has visited in any ocean — finding shocking things from new species to human trash — and told Fox News on Tuesday that the discovery of plastic in such far reaches proves the need for more vigilance to protect the oceans.