Auto body shop catches fire after powerline falls in McKeesport

MCKEESPORT, Pa. —An auto body shop caught fire after a powerline fell on it in McKeesport Friday.

Flames and smoke billowed from the McKeesport Auto Body on Rebecca Avenue.

“Half the building, you can see the flames behind the smoke. It’s noticeably above the building, so it had to be something serious,” said witness Justin Bowers.

At least one person was sent to the hospital for a medical emergency.

Fire crews from across the Mon Valley assisted McKeesport. There were several water tanks at the scene.

The McKeesport emergency management coordinator said initially there was no water pressure and high tension wires fell on the building.

Source: Auto body shop catches fire after powerline falls in McKeesport