Two new monkeypox cases have been reported in Allegheny County.
In a July 1 press release, the health department suggested these methods to prevent monkeypox:
- Practice safe sex, including the use of condoms and dental dams
- Avoid contact with bedding and other materials contaminated with the virus
- Avoid contact with people who may be infected
- Avoid skin to skin contact with someone with a rash
- Wash your hands with soap and water
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) when caring for infected persons