MONROEVILLE, Pa. — As families were wrapping up dinner inside of the Monroeville Olive Garden, a 19-year-old employee was shot in the leg outside in the parking lot.
It happened around 9:30 p.m. Saturday night when the restaurant was still open with customers inside.
Many customers can’t believe this family restaurant turned into a crime scene.
“It could have even penetrated the restaurant and hit somebody inside. You just shouldn’t do that,” said customer Michaelene Tomina.
Police said the victim was rushed to the hospital and has since been released. They believe the victim got in a fight with someone else before being shot.
We reached out to Olive Garden for comment, but the restaurant declined to share a statement and referred us to the police department.
Monroeville police are following leads and are still investigating the shooting.
No arrests have been made.
- Report: Steelers reach deal with QB Mitchell Trubisky
- Pfizer CEO says a fourth booster shot is needed to protect against COVID-19, variants
- Former state attorney general Kane faces Scranton DUI charge
- VIDEO: Port Authority workers calling off, routes disrupted as vaccine mandate set to take effect
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts