PITTSBURGH — Imagine running to the grocery store after work to grab a few items, only for the place to be robbed in broad daylight and during peak hours. That’s what happened at the Giant Eagle on Murray Avenue.
“Yes, I’m afraid,” said Juda Kohenbash.
Kohenbash lives in Squirrel Hill and said yesterday’s robbery has him on edge.
At about 5:30 p.m. Monday, a man wearing a yellow hoodie went into the Giant Eagle on Murray Avenue. He said he had a weapon – but no one saw it.
The man demanded money from the register and then ran off. Police wouldn’t say how much he got. Regardless, it’s unnerving for people who live here.“
Pamela’s closed down, Eat N Park closed down. This neighborhood has become like a ghost town,” said Kohenbash.
- Russia attacks Ukraine: Court will hold hearing at Ukraine’s request to stop invasion (live updates)
- Vacuum bombs: What are thermobaric weapons and how do they work?
- Allegheny County man arrested after FBI says he tried to meet girl for sex in a local park
- VIDEO: Man facing charges related to violent encounter with police at Pittsburgh gas station
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts