PITTSBURGH — A pizza shop worker was attacked with a ladle before a cash register was stolen early Wednesday morning in Pittsburgh’s Greenfield neighborhood.
The worker was locking up the Vocelli Pizza on Murray Avenue around 2:30 a.m. when two males approached him from behind and forced him back into the business, police said.
One of the males hit the victim over the head with a ladle before taking off with the entire cash register, police said.
No arrests have been made in the robbery.
The worker was not seriously hurt, police said.
- Murrysville woman among many customers reporting ‘hostage’ situation with moving company
- Report: Boston Red Sox ownership group in talks to buy Pittsburgh Penguins
- Pennsylvania school mask mandate to be lifted Dec. 4
- VIDEO: Police in While Oak investigating after racial slur written on building
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Source: Pizza shop worker attacked with ladle, cash register stolen during robbery in Pittsburgh