Fire tears through business in Scott Township

A fire damaged Patete Kitchen and Bath Design Center in Scott Township early Wednesday morning.

The fire was reported a little before 12:05 a.m. at the business on the 1100 block of Washington Avenue.

The fire chief said a person driving by saw the smoke and immediately contacted emergency officials about the fire.

The chief said the fire started in the wood shop area of the building and that one firefighter was treated for heat exhaustion.

“We don’t know that it’s a total loss yet,” said Barry Erenrich, Vice President of Patete Kitchen and Bath Design Center. “Right now part of the shop is in bad shape but we were able to pull out all of our important files, everything that we need to continue to do business outside of the showroom area.”

Erenrich also said no one was inside the building at the time of the fire.

Erenrich added, “We’re going to be able to continue to service all of our customers. Everybody that purchased from us, we’re going to be able to take care of. We’re going to be able to keep operating. We may just need to do so from a remote location.”

The fire marshal was called to the scene of the fire.

Source: Fire tears through business in Scott Township