MONROEVILLE, Pa. —
Part of the Pennsylvania Turnpike in western Pennsylvania will close for five hours this weekend.
The westbound turnpike will be closed between Pittsburgh (Exit 57) and Allegheny Valley (Exit 48), starting at 11:59 p.m. Saturday through 5 a.m. on Sunday, weather permitting.The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission said beams will be put in place for the new bridge that carries traffic on Center Road over the turnpike in Monroeville.
Drivers are being asked to use the following recommended detour:
WESTBOUND TRAFFIC Exiting at Pittsburgh Interchange:
- I-376 west (16 miles) to
- I-279 north/Ft. Duquesne Bridge (1 mile) to
- PA State Route 28 north (23 miles) to
- PA State Route 910 east (Exit 11, Harmarville) (.2 mile)
- Left onto Freeport Road (.7 mile)
- Reenter I-76 at the Allegheny Valley Interchange.
During the closure, drivers should expect higher traffic volumes on detour roads.