- PHOTO GALLERY: Snowstorm Hits Pittsburgh Area
Casey says she herself is out with the city’s trucks. Check the city’s Snow Plow Tracker by visiting this link.
“We had 60 trucks out starting around 2 a.m., I joined them at 4 a.m.,” she said. “The snow is coming down fairly heavily, so we are continually trying to get all of our primary roads cleared. But again, take your time and give yourself a little extra time getting to work in the morning.”
Meanwhile, Cowan says PennDOT has all of their trucks out and about.
“All of our trucks are out today, we also have 14 rentals, so our crews have been busy trying to keep the roadways clear,” he said. “We’re looking good on our interstates in and around Allegheny County, most of them are just wet with areas of slush.”
He warns commuters headed north to be much more vigilant.
“As you head into Beaver and Lawrence counties, 376 is definitely snow covered, so anyone traveling north should definitely be careful,” Cowan said.
Due to the rain last night and overnight, road crews were not able to pre-treat the roadways; however, Cowan and Casey say they agree that have many school district call in cancellations has helped.
- Pittsburgh Weather: Winter Weather Advisory In Effect As Snow Blankets Western Pa.
- ‘All Of Our Trucks Are Out’: PennDOT, County And City Busy Monitoring, Clearing Snow-Covered Roads
- PennDOT Reduces Speed Limit On Beaver Valley Expressway, Interstate 80
- Winter Storm Impacting Different Types Of Mass Transit