PITTSBURGH, PA – We all know that unfortunate feeling. It’s Thanksgiving morning, relatives are coming over and you’ve spent days preparing and making lists for your family feast, only to realize you forgot to buy the cranberry sauce or the whipped cream to top the pie. Plenty of grocery stores will be open across the Pittsburgh area for your last-minute shopping needs.
Here are the hours for grocery stores that will be open on Thanksgiving Day, along with a list of those that won’t.
- Giant Eagle: Closes at 4 p.m.
- Market District: Closes at 4 p.m.
- GetGo: Normal hours (gas-only locations will close at 4 p.m.).
- Shop’n Save: Hours vary by location. Check with your local store for closing time.
- Whole Foods, Wexford: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Whole Foods, Upper St. Clair: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Whole Foods, East Liberty: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fresh Thyme: 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Rite Aid: Most stores are open 24 hours.
- Target: All stores are open from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Walmart: Open normal hours for grocery shoppers on Thanksgiving, but check with stores for variation. Black Friday deals start at 10 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 27, online and 6 p.m. Thanksgiving in store.
Closed Thanksgiving Day:
- Sam’s Club
- Trader Joe’s