A section of the Pennsylvania Turnpike will be closed early Sunday morning, the turnpike commission said.
The eastbound turnpike will be closed between Exit 48 (Allegheny Valley) and Exit 57 (Pittsburgh) from 11:59 p.m. Saturday until 5 a.m. Sunday, weather permitting.Detour for eastbound traffic:
- Freeport Road (1 mile) to
- Route 910 west (0.5 mile) to
- Route 28 south (12 miles) to
- I-579 south Veterans Bridge (0.5 mile) to
- I-376 east (14.2 miles) to Exit 15
- Re-enter turnpike at Pittsburgh interchange (Exit 57), follow signs to Harrisburg and east
During the closure, workers will install beams for a new bridge to replace the Saltsburg Road Bridge that carries traffic over the turnpike in Plum.