Family says hoverboard caught fire overnight, set home on fire

The fire broke out on Shaw Street after the hoverboard was charging overnight

NEWS THIS MORNING OUT OF NEW CASTLE, LAWRENCE COUNTY.

A TOY EXPLODES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT.

A FAMILY WHO LIVES ON SHAW STREET SAYS THIS HOVERBOARD IS NOW BURNT TO A CRISP. IT WAS PLUGGED IN TO CHARGE OVERNIGHT.

WHILE THEY WERE SLEEPING, IT EXPLODED. THE HOMEOWNER SAYS THERE WERE FLAMES UP TO THE CEILING. THE LITTLE BOY WHO OWNED THAT HOVERBOARD EXPLAINED THAT HIS COUSIN CAME IN FOR HIS UNCLE’S BIRTHDAY, AND HE NEEDED HIS HOVERBOARD CHARGED. HE COULD NOT FIND HIS CHARGER, AND SO  DECIDED TO USE HIS COUSIN’S CHARGER.  IT SAYS DO NOT USE OTHER’S CHARGERS.

HIS DAD WOKE UP TO SOMETHING THAT BLEW UP IN A FIERY FLAME. 

CHRIS LOVINGOOD REPORTS: THE BOY’S DAD WAS ABLE TO PUT THE FIRE OUT USING A FIRE EXTINGUISHER THEY HAD ON HAND.

Source: Family says hoverboard caught fire overnight, set home on fire

Advertisements