OHIOPYLE, Pa. – Officials with Fayette County 911 confirmed one person was dead and five people were involved in a situation on the Youghiogheny River at Ohiopyle.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts for news stories in Fayette County. CLICK HERE to find out how.
911 officials said one person was dead in the drowning incident at Dimple Rock.
- SKYLIGHTS 2019: Week 1 high school football scores
- Girl, 12, ‘held hostage’ for hour on school bus as punishment by driver
- ‘My heart was turned to ash’: MiLB pitcher Blake Bivens speaks out on family slayings
- VIDEO: Iconic Mt. Washington Billboard can stay, court rules
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Officials with Fayette County 911 confirmed one person was dead and five people were involved in a situation on the Youghiogheny River at Ohiopyle.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Sirhan Sirhan, imprisoned for more than 50 years for the 1968 assassination of Sen. Robert F. Kennedy, was hospitalized Friday after being stabbed by a fellow inmate at a San Diego prison.
A statement from the state Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation said the stabbing occurred Friday afternoon at the Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility near San Diego.
A Pennsylvania court ruled Tuesday that making a “gunlike hand gesture” is a crimeafter a man made the hand motion during an argument with his neighbor — an act which reportedly made several nearby residents nervous and prompted a call to police.
Stephen Kirchner, 64, made the gesture toward his neighbor in Manor Township in June 2018, according to surveillance video. Kirchner, walking alongside a female neighbor, “stopped, made eye contact with [the male neighbor] and then made a hand gesture at him imitating the firing and recoiling of a gun,” according to court documents.
NBC News: Ford recalls 550K vehicles because seat back may fail.
CNN: Brother of Olympic gymnast Simone Biles charged in Cleveland triple slaying.
President Trump is holding a Rose Garden event to commemorate the establishment of the U.S. Space Command, as the president pushes for the creation of his sixth branch of the military, the Space Force.Since the Space Force the president wants to create requires congressional authorization, the administration is establishing a U.S. Space Command that will draw from other parts of the armed forces. One “Space Command” already exists. The Air Force Space Command reports to STRATCOM, which reports to the Pentagon, just as the Pacific Command and the European Command do.
AIR FORCE SPACE COMMAND FACTS
Air Force Space Command, activated Sept. 1, 1982, is a major command with headquarters at Peterson Air Force Base, Colo. AFSPC provides military focused space capabilities with a global perspective to the joint warfighting team.
1. Build Combat Readiness
2. Innovate and Accelerate to Win
3. Develop Joint Warfighters
4. Organize for Sustained Success
More than 26,000 space professionals worldwide.
According to GasBuddy.com, gas prices in Connellsville on Wednesday averaged $2.69 per gallon, $2.74 in Rostraver and ranged from $2.66 to $2.89 in Uniontown, and $2.79 to $2.99 in Monongahela.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission expects 3.6 million motorists to travel the turnpike for Labor Day weekend as reports have summer travel on the system up 1.5% over last summer.
WISCONSIN (WFRV) — The Wisconsin Department of Health Services says an investigation of lung disease among people who reported vaping shows a majority of the patients claim they inhaled THC products.
Officials say 89 percent of the 27 cases investigated show patients reported inhaling THC products such as waves and oils via e-cigarettes or other vaping devices.
DHS says they continue to investigate all possible causes and say the connection to THC products is based on interviews with cases. They add the agency is working with the FDA to determine the contents of used vaping products.
New York Daily News: Mayor de Blasio doesn’t make the cut for third Democratic debate.
- Former FBI Director James Comey violated Justice Department and FBI policies in his handling of memos documenting conversations with President Trump, the DOJ’s Office of Inspector General says.
- Comey, who was fired by Trump in May 2017, is not being prosecuted for the alleged violations detailed in the scathing report.
- “Comey set a dangerous example for the over 35,000 current FBI employees—and the many thousands more former FBI employees—who similarly have access to or knowledge of non-public information,” the report says.