As a teenager, he joined the Puerto Rican amateur league in 1952, and a few years later, made his major league debut with the Pittsburgh Pirates.
As a Pirate, Roberto Clemente won multiple Golden Glove awards, 4 National League batting titles, 2 World Series rings, and was named the 1971 World Series MVP award.
- Local barber charged with selling crack out of shop
- Dad accused of starving infant daughter told 911 dispatcher baby was ‘dead as a doornail’
- Man falls 2 stories on set of Mister Rogers movie, taken to hospital in serious condition
- VIDEO: Aerial Footage Of Hurricane Michael Damage
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts