- Tropical Storm Michael is strengthening in the northwestern Caribbean Sea.
- Michael could threaten the northeastern Gulf Coast as a hurricane in the week ahead.
- Storm surge, damaging winds and heavy rain are likely impacts along the northeastern Gulf Coast by midweek.
- Tropical storm warnings have been issued for parts of western Cuba and the northeastern Yucatan Peninsula.
- Hurricane watches will likely be posted along the northeastern Gulf Coast of the U.S. on Monday.
- Tropical-storm-force winds could arrive on the northeastern Gulf Coast by late Tuesday or early Wednesday.
Source: Tropical Storm Michael Strengthening in Northwestern Caribbean Sea, Could Threaten Northeastern Gulf Coast as a Hurricane Midweek | The Weather Channel