French police have foiled a terror attack on police and army personnel in the region of Orleans, the interior minister has said.
Bernard Cazeneuve said on Tuesday that two men, aged 20 and 24, were arrested on 19 December and were being held for questioning.
Both are thought to have had contact with a Frenchman who is believed to be in Syria.
France saw its worst attacks in decades last month, with 130 killed in Paris.
Speaking in the southern city of Toulouse, Mr Cazeneuve said 10 attacks had been foiled in France so far this year.